Sunday 6 April 2008

Mary Carroll's Response

The following day the plot thickened with the arrival of a letter signed by Mary Carroll "pp Vivian Mason, Acting Chair, On behalf of the Board of Directors". The letter is dated the 3rd of April 2008 so it must have been written immediately on receipt of Walter Grant's letter? Was this letter written after a meeting of the Board to consider Walter's letter and their reply I wonder, or was it written off the cuff by Mary Carroll assuming authority and acting alone, without a Board Meeting?

As before, the letter is re-typed here and any errors and omissions must be laid at my door.

"3 April 2008

Dear Member

We understand that you have received a letter from the ex-Chairman of CATH, Walter Grant, accusing the Board of CATH of serious misconduct.

This letter is an attempt to undermine the integrity and competence of the Board and the unfounded nature of these accusations will soon become apparent following the conclusions of the initial OSCR enquiry.

Please be re-assured that this Board continues to manage the CATH organisation in the best interestes of its service users, staff and members, as it has done for the past 17 years.

With the very best wishes,

Mary S. Carroll

pp Vivian Mason, Acting Chair, On behalf of the Board of Directors"

Wow! I will leave you to do, as I did, re-read both letters and start to ask a few questions. I have posted my thoughts as the next post. I am sure you will have questions to ask as well, so I will leave it there for the moment. In short like me, you may form the opinion that something very fishy has been going on and that we, as members, have been kept well and truly in the dark.

No comments: